Monday, May 7, 2018

Bringing mom to Malacca (2D1N)

Planned to depart from house by 9am but my father bought us breakfast, so we had breakfast before going which ones shouldn't because we need to save the stomach quota for Malacca food!
   
Anyway, I departed from Seri Kembangan at 9:30am and reached Jonker Street at 11:30am, only stopped once at highway R&R to connect my Spotify to car loll. There's a parking lot right beside Jonker Street that only charges rm5 per entry, no need to find parking and risk getting saman.
   
First stop in Malacca is always gonna be Jonker 88.
   
   
Jonker 88 is famous for their laksa and cendol. There's baba laksa, nyonya laksa (one of them is more milky but idk which one) and kahwin laksa, we had the kahwin laksa (rm8.50) which is half baba laksa & half nyona laksa. Not a cendol person but I'd always order their cendol (rm4.25), altho that uncle put too much of the gula melaka this time.
   
After that we walked down the street and browsed around some shops on the street. At the end of the street you'll see a huge souvenirs shop called San Shu Gong. Some posts suggested that their coffee is nice so I tried it.
    
Got their iced white coffee (rm5.80), too rich for my liking. Sat upstairs to finish this coffee and chill because they have air-con and my mom can't stand the hot outside anymore. 
   
Actually I wanted to eat at Chung Wah, the chicken rice ball shop opposite San Shu Gong, but it's closed for the day, maybe the boss wanna prepare for the upcoming election lol.
   
   
If you walk further down from San Shu Gong and cross a bridge you'll see this red house (I think can count as a landmark). Didn't walk near it and other tourists spot because my mom again can't stand the sun anymore. So we ended up walking back and shopped at H&M (also opposite of San Shu Gong).
   
   
As we were walking back to car I found out that we almost forgot to take photo with this muscular guy statue, if you didn't take photo with him you didn't visit Malacca. Also I bought chicken rice ball take-away because my mom is too full to eat at the moment.
   
Drove to Nadeje @ Plaza Mahkota to pick up some cakes, this place is like 90% will kena saman one, so if you're going to eat at this branch make sure you put the parking coupon. Our hotel is just less than 5mins drive from Plaza Mahkota.
   
*Check in to Estadia Hotel*
Spent few days browsing Agoda, checking the prices, photos, reviews and all and finally chose this. Very satisfied with my choice hehe. 
   
   
Finished the chicken rice ball and nadeje cakes we bought back to hotel, so chill.
   
Loving my hair hehehe
   
It was my mom's first time eating satay celup wooo she didn't like it tho, hard to satisfy nola. She didn't eat much cuz she really didn't like it, so we went to take-away the famous naan and tandoori chicken to eat at hotel.
   
The most ridiculous part is that we didn't have any utensils so I took the drinks stirrer in the hotel room to eat. But it's impossible so we ended up eating with our hands. 
   
   
The wine I brought back from Melb. My mom drank most of it because she couldn't sleep.
***
The hotel breakfast was nice and wide spread. 
   
Wanted to bring my mom to Nancy's kitchen for lunch cuz I know she'd like to try some nyonya food like something sambal petai something, but she's still very full after we checked out so we decided to leave Malacca and go home.
   
Of course we had to stop by Klebang to have a coconut milkshake before leaving Malacca.
Ciao!